Safe Online Shopping tips to stay safe this shopping Season And Beyond
Safe online shopping tips is not negotiable as another shopping season descends and the global internet community gets set to spend billions shopping online.
The global internet community will be spending billions of dollars of money over the course of the next few months as the world plunge into yet another spending frenzy. While genuine shoppers visit their favorite retail shops, another category of shoppers are out there in their droves with the malicious intent to scam and defraud unsuspecting shoppers and, as shocking as it might sound, even the shopping malls themselves.
Losing money to cyber criminals who employ every trick in the book to perpetrate serious crimes can be a very bitter experience and could lead to health and mental breakdowns. If you wish to avoid becoming a victim, please take to heart our safe online shopping tips. Statisticians published varied reports of high end online fraud involving credit cards and identity frauds. The website Experian published a staggering figure, stating Fraud costs UK economy £193 billion a year – equating to more than £6,000 lost per second every day. In the same vein an independently researched report published by javelin stated fraudsters stole $112 billion in the past six years alone.
In light of the foregoing chilling stats, it becomes absolutely necessary to shield oneself from the scamming fingers of online thieves. Shopping online does require proactive security measures; among other things, one should especially monitor credit cards, phones and PC’s.
Safe online shopping tips include use of custom or specific store powered credit cards
Lean towards using store issued personalized credit cards … that way, if stolen, the scammer may have a hard time using it because of its store/purchase restrictions. Shopping giants like Amazon issue their shoppers shop exclusive credit card which help mitigate online credit card scams. Sign up for Amazon Store credit cards and protect yourself from scammers.
Dedicate a single credit card, at all times, to online shopping purposes only. Ensure the credit level does not exceed the value of items you intend to purchase. Top up or fund your card when fund depletes.
- Buy and shop using virtual credit cards offered at standard shopping malls. Virtual credit cards are especially useful if you are buying small units or items of negligible costs that do not warrant using your credit card. It could also be useful when filling out coupons and by the hour deals.
- Expect and be wary of unsolicited emails flooding your mailbox as the season closes in. criminals know the period of year shoppers tend to be a little reckless with security is at seasonal and holiday spending.
Do you shop via apps on mobile phones and smart tabs?
- Keep your mobile gadgets password protected at all times and do not share your mobile and or its passwords with anyone. Reports indicate identity fraudsters work to first inveigle themselves into an unsuspecting victim’s favor before they strike. Be wary of newfound love interests at this time,especially from such places as social network platforms. Use powerful Anti virus Solutions at all times. Adhering to safe online shopping tips will help you stay safe at all time.
On to Ways To Shop Like A Pro Unrelated To Security.
Spend less for more when you take advantage of “out-of-season” retails. Shops often would significantly slash prices on seasonal products once their moment expired. Savvy shoppers often seize the opportunity to stock up on items at unbeatable prices
- Want to make sure you buy at the right rates? Ensure you get the best bargain price for every purchase. Start by comparing prices at different shops using reliable price comparison sites like Pricegrabber. That way you are certain you’d buying buying at rock bottom prices.
- Make use of apps which track your spending and recover excess money or overcharges back to your account long after the shopping season ended.
Also read: Special links to amazing slashed prices and products discounts at Amazon
- Get rid of the stress … never shop under stress; combine shopping sessions with television, aerobics and or phone calls to friends for their opinions and or shopping experiences. That way you stay informed and then you can make better shopping decisions
Latest posts by PM Browne (see all)
- How to find out if you suffer from shopaholism - January 21, 2017
- Wave of store closures as Amazon plans to add more jobs to its workforce - January 13, 2017
- The menace of compulsive shopping disorder and its negative effect on persons - January 10, 2017